We are seeking a talented & detailed oriented R&D Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding R&D team. The R&D Mechanical Engineer will assist with the development, design, and testing of new products for our clients. In this role, you will be working closely with design and engineering, sales, management, and manufacturing teams to create new design concepts, test & troubleshoot existing designs, and monitor the implementation of new projects.
The selected candidate should have strong engineering skills, a desire for creating mechanical designs, problem solving skills, be creative thinking outside the box, self-starting, and experience with managing small projects
- Collaborate with management, marketing, and sales to develop new product concepts.
- Create, present and review design concepts with management teams
- Evaluation & research of new design possibilities and concepts.
- Estimate costs and budgets for new designs.
- Develop flow schematics, technical requirements, and specifications for new designs
- Performing supporting engineering calculations for newly developed products
- Re-engineering of existing products to enhance functionality or reduce costs.
- Creating engineering/design guidelines and standard calculation methods for new and existing products
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity.
- Resolving existing product issues.
- Monitoring manufacturing process of new design concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 7+ Years of automotive paint finishing engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with starting up/commissioning of process equipment
- Familiarity with applicable codes (OSAH, NFPA, NEC)
- Proficient MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Analytical and mathematical skills.