Mechanical engineer position for design / build firm relating to large commercial / industrial metal finishing projects. Typical projects include automotive and aerospace conversion coating and paint finishing systems. This position will require technical engineering design of HVAC and piping systems.
A bachelor’s of science degree in mechanical engineering or a related field is the minimum educational requirement for this position. Experience with commercial / industrial grade ventilation, heating and cooling systems, and process piping is required. Relevant certifications and experience with building codes and standards are preferred. Excellent communication skills are essential to collaborate with other engineers and colleagues in the design and implementation of systems ensuring productivity within a team setting.
The position will encompass the following activities:
- Prepare engineering calculations, drawings, flow diagrams, sequences of operations, and designs as applicable for assigned equipment; prepare technical specifications and technical scope of work for fabrication, and installation;
- Participate in bid evaluation and technical clarification meetings;
- Review all applicable designs and drawings for general layouts, detail design, approval, certified, and ‘as-built’ designs;
- Complete and submit technical specifications, scope of work, requests for quotations, and purchase requisitions;
- Participate in project review and design review meetings for assigned projects;
- Provide technical support to subcontractors;
- And provide technical supervision of subcontractors when assigned.
- When assigned as a Lead Engineer, coordinate and oversee all engineering activities and assigned project engineers and review and approve all project engineering work.